The original, and still the favorite, Fire Cider size for many of our customers! This durable, leak-free 8 ounce amber bottle (complete with our famous hand-drawn pirate label) is the perfect size for keeping in the kitchen, as well as for tucking into your travel bag or giving as gifts. To craft our health tonic, we start with a base of raw, certified organic apple cider vinegar, which has long been used by everyone from grandmothers to farmers to extract the beneficial properties of vegetables, fruits, herbs, and spices. To this we add whole, raw, organic ginger, horseradish, onions, and garlic. Then we toss in organic habañero peppers for heat, turmeric for a bit of zing, and lemons and oranges for a citrus tang. We let the mixture steep for six weeks at room temperature—no heat involved—which preserves the living vinegar culture and allows the flavors to develop. As a final step, we blend in a generous amount of raw, organic wildflower honey. The result is a tonic that’s potent but balanced, with distinctive layers of sweet, tart, and spicy flavors. Fire Cider is shelf stable at room temperature and has an 18-month best-buy date. Pick up a bottle—or pick up a few—then raise your glass to feeling good all the time!
A few serving suggestions:
- Straight up: We recommend taking 1 to 2 tablespoons at the first sign of a cold, and then repeating every 3 to 4 hours until symptoms subside. Some people also take fire cider as a preventative during cold and flu season.
- Mix with lemonade or orange juice
- Mix with hot water and extra honey to make a tea
- Use in place of vinegar in salad dressings and condiments
- Drizzle on steamed vegetables or sautéed greens
- Use in marinades for meat, tofu, and tempeh
- Add to soups and chilis
- Try a couple of dashes in a cocktail, such as a Bloody Mary